Customer Service Policy
We strive for excellence and professionalism with customer service, both inside and outside our company.
To accomplish this mission, we agree upon these values:
- Anticipating the needs of our customers and planning accordingly
- Greeting our customers promptly, cheerfully and respectfully
- Listening carefully and giving full consideration to the requests and concerns of our
- Communicating honestly, courteously and knowledgeably
- Providing follow-through for our customers promptly, responsibly and efficiently
- Serving with pride, commitment, and with high ethical standards
- Respecting the individual and encouraging participation
It is Nyson Retail’s policy and responsibility to provide excellent service to the public. Customer feedback helps us measure whether our services are meeting public needs and expectations. It also helps us identify problems that need to be solved. High quality customer service depends on customer feedback. While praise is always welcome, constructive criticism is truly helpful in the long run.
The purpose of this policy is to establish uniform standards and procedures for responding to customer feedback, thus making sure those responses are timely and that issues do not “fall through the cracks.” The policy strives to treat every interaction with the public as an opportunity to produce a satisfied customer, or at least one who feels that he or she was listened to and taken seriously, even if it was not possible to meet his or her request.
Customer feedback comes to us in many ways. This policy outlines a procedure for responding to complaints, requests for service and questions that come to Nyson Retail through a customer visit, call, letter or email.
The policy is not intended to cover:
• Complaints about the performance of specific employees, which are handled by the department manager.
• Claims for damages, which are to be filed with our insurance carrier.
When possible, complaints, questions and requests for service should be resolved in “real time” on the same day they arrive. However, in many instances, referral and follow-up are necessary in order to fully understand and resolve the issue. In such instances, the following standards for acknowledgement and resolution should be followed.
• All complaints, questions and requests for service should be acknowledged within one business day.
• This acknowledgement should note the person to whom the issue has been referred and when the customer can expect a response.
• If the customer feedback is delivered by phone or in person, this acknowledgement should be given verbally during the call or visit.
• If the customer feedback is delivered by e-mail, the acknowledgement should be given by e- mail.
• If the customer feedback is delivered by postal mail the acknowledgement should be sent via telephone, postal mail or e-mail, whichever is appropriate.
• For written acknowledgements, templates with standard language should be used to minimize staff processing time.
• A substantive response should be provided within seven business days.
• This response should include Nyson Retail’s analysis of the issue and the proposed resolution. Clear reasons should be given if it is not possible for us to accommodate the customer’s request.
• If a resolution is not possible within seven business days, the customer should be notified and given the date by which they can expect a response.
• The resolution can be communicated to the customer verbally, by e-mail or by postal mail, depending on the communication method most appropriate to the situation.
Calls / Visits
• When a customer calls or meets with a Nyson Retail Representative with a complaint, question, or request for service, the issue should be resolved immediately, if possible, by Nyson Retail or by referral to the appropriate department.
• If immediate resolution is not possible, Nyson Retail will take down the necessary information and let the customer know when and from whom he or she can expect a response.
• The department receiving the referral is responsible for resolving the issue per the above standards.
• When customers send e-mails to us with complaints, questions, and requests for service, we will send an acknowledgment e-mail within one business day.
• Of course, if we are able to answer the question or resolve the issue right away without referral, we will do so and let the customer know. In such instances, a separate acknowledgement email is not necessary.